Franklin Family Attorney
Family law is a broad area of law that focuses on family and relationship issues. When many people think of family law, they think of divorce. While divorce is part of family law, there is so much more involved, from domestic violence to adoption to alimony to paternity. It also includes more complex issues such as foster care and reproductive rights.
Most adults can have families of their own. However, many issues of family life are legal in nature and must be handled by the court. Therefore, family law refers to rules and court procedures involving the family unit. While some family law matters can be handled without a lawyer, certain processes require the skill and expertise of a knowledgeable Franklin family attorney.
Family Law Topics
Family law is broad and covers the following topics:
- Marriage law. This includes money and property, prenuptial agreements, same-sex marriage, name changes, and state marriage laws.
- Divorce law. This encompasses everything that comes with ending a marriage, such as property division, annulment, military divorce, alimony, and state laws regarding divorce.
- Child custody. This law covers custody of children after the parents separate. It also covers the types of custody and how custody is determined, as well as grandparent rights.
- Child support. This area of law covers who pays child support, who receives it, and how the amount is determined.
- Adoption. Adoption law covers the types of adoptions, same-sex adoption, international adoption, and the various procedures and state laws involved.
- Paternity. Paternity law encompasses fathers’ rights, testing procedures, and adoption.
- Parental rights. This area of law covers civil and criminal liability and termination of parental rights.
- Reproductive rights. This area of law includes abortion and birth control.
- Domestic violence. This topic includes stalking, restraining orders, filing lawsuits, and state laws.
Why Hire a Franklin Family Law Attorney?
Because of the various state laws involved in the family law area, hiring a lawyer to help you handle these issues is well worth the cost. Having a trusted legal professional by your side can ensure you are properly represented during any legal process. Plus, it helps protect our loved ones.
Family law attorneys are skilled at the procedures involved. They know what forms need to be filled out. They are familiar with the deadlines. They’ve gone through the process multiple times, whereas someone like yourself has never been through it. While you could represent yourself in a family law case, it would be a challenge. You would have to bring yourself up to speed quickly.
Contact Us Today
Family law issues can be complicated. If you’ve tried handling them on your own, but to no avail, it may be time for legal help.
The law firm of Beal, Nations & Crutcher can help you resolve your family law issues. Whether you are dealing with divorce, alimony, child custody, child support, adoption, or other issues, our experienced team of professionals can help you get a favorable outcome. Give us a call at (615) 861-2304 to schedule a consultation today.